Join us for a Self Protection Workshop
1. Various types of threats
2. Situational Awareness
3. Difference between being Paranoid and being Educated
4. Types of Predators
5. The concepts of
A. Avoidance – learning where, when and how a situation can or will occur
B. De-Escalation – When the threat has made contact or you have become aware of the threat and your last option, before it goes bad, is to convince the Threat to take another way.
C. Control – when we are talking about control we must look at several versions of control.
Participants will learn hands on techniques including but not limited to:
1. Strikes – punches, palm heel strikes, finger thrusts, elbows
2. Escapes from – Same side grabs, Cross side grabs, upward and downward grabs, single and double-handed chokes, etc.
3. Blocks – Slap Block, Wing Arm Block, Palm up Block, Punch Block ect…
4. Counter Attacks based on D.A.T. (distance, angle, timing) Progressions of movement
5. Kicks – Foot, Shin, Knees, foot work
6. Situational Drills – weapons, keys, possessions, groceries ect…
7. Cars and Car doors
8. Gauntlet Drill – recap.