Women's Self Protection Weekend
December 18 - 19 from 10:30am - 3:30pm
Join us for a Women’s Self Protection Weekend Workshop
1. Various types of threats
2. Situational Awareness
3. Difference between being Paranoid and being Educated
4. Types of Predators
5. The concepts of
A. Avoidance – learning where, when and how a situation can or will occur
B. De-Escalation – When the threat has made contact or you have become aware of the threat and your last option, before it goes bad, is to convince the Threat to take another way.
C. Control – when we are talking about control we must look at several versions of control.
Participants will learn hands-on techniques including but not limited to:
1. Strikes – punches, palm heel strikes, finger thrusts, elbows
2. Escapes from – Same side grabs, Cross side grabs, upward and downward grabs, single and double handed chokes, ect..
3. Blocks – Slap Block, Wing Arm Block, Palm up Block, Punch Block ect…
4. Counter Attacks based on D.A.T. (distance, angle, timing) Progressions of movement
5. Kicks – Foot, Shin, Knees, foot work
6. Situational Drills – weapons, keys, possessions, groceries ect…
7. Cars and Car doors
8. Gauntlet Drill – recap.
WELCOME TO STUDIO THIRTY A
We are glad you are here! Whether you are a 30-A local, a 30-A part-time local or visiting us for the first or hundreth time,
we are so happy to see you! We offer classes 7 days a week and have something for every person on every level.
Check out our schedule and class descriptions and we can’t wait to welcome you with open hearts and open arms.
We believe in practicing what we teach here at Studio Thirty-A and that most importantly is everyone belongs. Our hope is you are able to feel the love, support and yoga community we have worked so hard to cultivate and create from the moment you enter the studio to long after you leave. Can you feel the vibe? We are here to show you the light in yourself and give you a safe space to explore movement, breathe and to be present. Thank you for being a part of this movement, something very powerful happens we come together and raise our vibration – we are grateful to have you with us.
Why Studio Thirty A Is Your hOMe
We at Studio Thirty A treasure the memories we will share and create together in our new space. Thank you for your support and we look forward to growing together with the community