$100 for the entire 6 week program
Women’s Self Protection
1st Class will consist of a 30 minute talk and then 1 hour of hands on learning. Classes 2-6 are 1 hour time frame and final class is 90 minutes. Women’s Protections meets every Thursday March 5 – April 9
- Strikes – punches, palm heel strikes, finger thrusts, elbows
- Escapes from – Same side grabs, Cross side grabs, upward and downward grabs, single and double handed chokes, ect..
- Blocks – Slap Block, Wing Arm Block, Palm up Block, Punch Block etc…
- Counter Attacks based on D.A.T. (distance, angle, timing) Progressions of movement
- Kicks – Foot, Shin, Knees, footwork
- Situational Drills – weapons, keys, possessions, groceries etc…
- Cars and Car doors
- Gauntlet Drill – recap.
- Various types of threats
- Situational Awareness
- Difference between being Paranoid and being Educated
- Types of Predators
- The concepts of
- Avoidance – learning where, when and how a situation can or will occur
- De-Escalation – When the threat has made contact or you have become aware of the threat and your last option, before it goes bad, is to convince the Threat to take another way.
- Control – when we are talking about control we must look at several versions of control.